Halloween is just around the corner, and this is the time kids go crazy for special Halloween candies. But it is a risky affair. There are a number of concerns that is not understood by the kids, but the after effects are terrible. Here is a list of safety measures you need to take so that you and your loved ones continue living in a safe environment.
- 1. Don’t open the candy till you are home: Children go to a number of parties, and there is a possibility that some poor quality candy bar falls in the share. Tell them not to open the candy till they reach home. This way, even if there is a negative effect of that candy, you will be around to take care of the issue.
- 2. Buy quality candies for them: You cannot stop them from having candies at Halloween. So, buy good quality candies beforehand and let them have it. There are a number of online portals offering candies for Halloween. If you are planning to buy some for them, simply google discount coupons. They offer exclusive coupons to help you get amazing discounts at such discount portals.
- 3. Unwrapped candy? Don’t eat it: This is a golden rule. Tell your children to throw away any candy which is not properly wrapped. Also, avoid tampered candies. Many candies are tampered such as loose or torn packages or small pinholes in wrappers. Tell them to check it before having such candies.
- 4. Eat some, avoid some: Normal Halloween candies are not an issue. However, tell your kids not to have hard candies, peanuts and gums. This will avoid any choking hazard. Again, tell them to check the big candies before having them. Some of the biggie candies have small toys in them as gifts. Checking them in advance will avoid choking.
- 5. Know your child’s temptation: You can solve a couple of problems by knowing your child’s temptations. As a parent, you might know what types of candies are preferred by your children. This will help you list down the candies they can have at parties.
- 6. Control the count: Kids love candies and keep stuffing them in their tummy till they can. It is important for them to limit themselves on the count. Having too many candies is not good for their health.
- 7. Control Center: Keep the number of Children’s Hospital of Michigan Regional Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) handy. In case you find anything suspicious about a candy, make sure you report it to the control center. Many a times, people find such candies but care less about it. This keeps them and their children safe but if someone else does not notice it, it can be hazardous.
Concluding, there are a number of candy stores you can rely on. Moreover, online portals offer good quality candies at cheaper rates. Chameleonjohn offers coupons that can help you get an additional discount on your total bill. Opt for a verified source and be safe during Halloween.